Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I LOVE YOU

For the first time in the past few days, I woke up with energy and feeling cheery, despite my horrible dreams. I think I was so sorrowful yesterday that there were no tears left in me today and the best I could do was just move on.

Today was one of those days that I truly felt God's presence. And if I didn't feel it at the moment I definitely can recognize it now as I reflect on my day. One of the biggest things that occurred today was that God shed some major light on something I need to work on. Anyone that knows me well knows that the thing that I most want in life is to be married and have a beautiful family. I often get discouraged and angry that God is delaying sending me my Joseph or making my Joe aware that I am his Mary. Today I realized that God is not granting me my desire just yet because I am not ready! They way I react to certain things is not the best way in order to be in a healthy loving relationship. Of course this stems from past deep hurts which first need to be healed in order for me to be in a committed and loving relationship. Like my Catholic sis says, at least I am able to recognize these things but I have no idea how to heal. I guess I just have to be open to Him.

As I drove to church from the gym this afternoon, the sky was just perfect. Barely any clouds. I drove with my windows down, I let my hair down and put on some relaxing tunes. As I breathed in the fresh air and basked in the sunset I really felt God was telling me, "I love you Dolo." So powerful!

During the consecration part of the mass the way the priest broke the host it seemed like it was in the shape of a human heart. I couldn't help but smile with utter joy at seeing this. It also made me think of the Eucharistic Miracle in Lanciano, Italy. It's so amazing to get an image of Jesus' heart before actually receiving Him. Another "I love you Dolo"

I am such an ingrate for not seeing and thanking God for the many times He shows/tells me He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment